When it comes to exercise we are drawn to intense activities such as Personal Trainer, HIIT, or spinning. There’s an alternative form of exercise that’s largely ignored and undervalued walking.
If you’re stressed by gyms or exercise classes that are crowded with strangers, walking can be an excellent way to exercise. It’s not only possible to walk in the parks or around your neighborhood and parks, but it’s also an easy exercise that is able to be completed for longer durations and is ideal for people with back, knee or ankle problems. Studies have proven that exercising for 30 minutes a day can improve your health and assist in losing weight.
Drink Plenty of Water Throughout the Day
There are many beneficial physical benefits to the simple practice of walking. For one, regular walking will reduce body fat and stop weight growth. It can improve your fitness level and heart health, leading to a decreased chance of developing chronic illnesses. You can also increase your endurance and stamina by taking a daily walk and adding accents to your route. This might be a gentle upward walk or using the stairs.
Alongside its physical and mental health advantages, a less-known but equally important benefit of walking is its mental health benefits.
Numerous studies have proven that walking can ease the symptoms of anxiety and boost moods. A short walk for 10 minutes in times of stress will make you feel more calm.
A research study that was conducted at Stanford University has shown that walking can be beneficial in terms of creativity. The participants of this study have increased their creativity output by 60 percent, revealing that “walking allows for an open flow of ideas and is an easy and effective answer to expanding creativity and increasing physical exercise.”
It has also been demonstrated that walking helps in improving memory and stopping the deterioration of brain tissue.
While most experts recommend walking at least 30 minutes each day, don’t worry about feeling guilty even if you fail to meet this goal. Begin slowly by taking regular walks throughout the day as you gain strength.
Here are some basic ways to incorporate regular walks into your routine every day:
- Use your stairs rather than the lift.
- Take a stop off prior to the time you’re on public transportation, and walk to the end of the road to get there.
- Opt for walking to the grocery shop instead of driving your vehicle.
- Explore various streets in the area to change the surroundings.
- Invite a companion or a family member to join you on your walk. In this way, both of you can support each other to remain dedicated.
- Find out about different parks or reserves that are open on weekends.
- Go for a walk at lunch time or take a break throughout your day in order to relax and walk. This will help you relax your mind and help you stay focused when you’re feeling stressed.
Interested in living a healthy lifestyle by eating? Check out our menu plans!